Good day everyone. Well my new friend Mr. Chris Brogan has a great idea to spread the cheer of the holiday in way that makes a lot of sense...it is more about the idea of things that may remind you of the receiver or you think may remind them of you, not just what they want. I really like the idea and im going to participate. The great thing is, it doesn't really need to cost that much. Here are Chris' suggestions:
- A fistful of comics from your local comics store’s twenty-five cent bin.
- A mix CD of songs you love, or that make you think of me, or that you really want me to know about. (with liner notes). (Or an MP3 download.
- A sticker or two (who cares from what?)
- Something random from your home (not foodstuff nor perishable).
- A photo or two or three of you putting the box together before mailing it.
Here’s what would be a fun holiday package for me to receive. I will make a few up and send a few out, too.
- Random business cards from places in your town that you like to visit or some branded items(i.e.-pen, pencil things like that)
- A funny or interesting picture from anywhere(i.e. an old magazine, text book, comic, advertisment) that could end up being framed.
- A recipe of some random kind